posted on January 22, 2014 13:59
Even with the best of intentions, many companies fail to hit the mark when it comes to their vehicle lettering. Have you ever seen a van, car or truck driving around with terrible graphics? Or maybe you spotted one with a nice logo, but couldn’t find the phone number on it anywhere? Sometimes it might seem like a good idea to use a photo, but then the photo becomes outdated within a short time frame.
Nearly anyone with a business – both small and large – can benefit from the use of vehicle graphics to advertise. In another article you will find 7 great reasons for getting vehicle lettering, but this time we’re going to talk about impact!
Here are some ways to make an impact through the use of vehicle lettering:
- Keep it Simple: Making your lettering or images too busy can draw eyes away from the main attraction, which is your company name and phone number. If anything, you should make that your focal point and don’t get too crazy about the rest of the design. In this case, often less is more.
- Be bold: Use of colors is important. If your company logo is busy or doesn’t match the color of your vehicle, then it can be more of a turnoff to potential customers. Their first thought should not be, “Ewww, yuck!” It should be, “Wow! I’m going to call them!”
- State the obvious: Don’t forget to include the type of service you offer, especially if it is unclear immediately. Not every business has an obvious meaning, so if you have to tell people through the graphics then make sure you don’t forget to include this seemingly simple, yet brilliant strategy. For example, not everyone knows that an “arborist” cuts trees, so if your business is “Arbor Services” you should specify that you offer tree cutting. Plus, if you look up Arbor Services online you will find everything from a book publisher to a funeral home. Be specific!
- Not-too-cutesy: It might be funny to put a character or something silly on your vehicle, but if you want to be taken seriously as a business owner then you should consider whether or not the cutesy approach is advantageous.
- Compelling branding: As we mentioned, the color choices are important to create that eye-popping “Wow!” factor, but keep your colors in line with your existing branding to extend beyond just the company vehicle and within your other marketing efforts, too.
- Professionally done: Get a professional vehicle lettering company, rather than trying to do it yourself or getting someone who is not experienced to do it for you. Why? Well, if it looks bad after you apply the lettering, then it might cost more to fix a poorly done graphics job and in some cases, your vehicle may have to be repainted. This will end up costing more than it would have to hire a pro.
Working with a professional designer can be the most important thing you will do when considering vehicle graphics for your company truck or van. Lake Shore Signs of Louisiana serve clients throughout Orleans Parish and St. Tammany Parish, and other regions. If you are trying to determine the best type of vehicle lettering or graphics for your business, give us a call and one of our expert graphic designers can guide you on the best style and fit for your particular car, truck, van or machinery.